Monday, September 25, 2017

Lucifer


                God is up to something. I know it. He’s been contemplating for too long in his room, only brief intervals in between. He’s bored. He wants something new. He wants to have more than us, His angels. He wants… purpose.
                I run down the golden corridor of heaven. I am running late for the worship. God hates latecomers. I’ve heard he has something big to announce. I wonder what it is. I come to the venue. Stand in the front line. He appears from the clouds in that usual robe glittered with diamonds brilliantly bright.
                “Angels, I have decided to make a man. I will create him in my likeness. He will be as perfect as you all are, except he will dwell in Earth, a planet that I will also create to perfectly sustain his life.” That is His announcement. All of us are boosted with excitement upon hearing the news. We then sing praises to him, as always.
                I fall to bed. Everyone is off-duty, even God Himself, or is He? I say my prayers and prepare my dreams. Suddenly, someone begins to knock on my bedroom door. It is God. Before I get to open it, He slams it down. He enters and tells me, “You are going to give me purpose, Lucifer. You are going to envy me and thus create evil. Everyone is going to despise you and everyone is going to love me more thinking that they need me more than ever. You are the sacrificial lamb, but hey, I am God.” He goes out and shuts the door. Is it really possible? Can I really envy God for all his glorious creations? I don’t think so.

                Another day, this is the day man is going to come to life, and God has summoned us to behold. I’m feeling something in my heart. Something dark. I do not know what it is. Anyway, comes the time God creates His man. He always wants to prove he’s great, doesn’t He? Yes, I mean, He’s  God and all and we all know it, He doesn’t have to flaunt His highness and perfection. What does he desire? Endless gratitude? He has given us life but what life is life if spent exclusively for Him? It might as well be HIS life. Don’t we have freedom? Are all slaves like this? Well, sorry, God. I have grown tired of kissing your ass. Oh, is that a man? He’s wonderful. It would be a shame if someone took advantage of his vulnerability to temptation. Uhm… 

Courtesy : Glory May Asahan


-Rain Check 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great piece. Keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete